Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Two Weeks Notice

I just gave my 2 week notice to my company on Monday. It is so bitter-sweet for me. Leaving Meridian is like closing a chapter in my life. I have worked here for 3 years now and I have made really great friends here. Although some of my best friends have already left, it is still like a little ‘home’ to me. I have the best boss possible, and I hate to leave her. Sherri has become such a great friend and confidant of mine; I am going to miss her terribly. But, I know that I will continue to keep in touch with her. I am really going to miss you guys! Especially Jennifer, Cheryl, Richard, Sherri, and Kenna!!!
(I just loved this movie!) I am really looking forward to starting a new job; however, it is very scary for me. I have never worked at a company where I didn’t know someone already. That is very nerve racking to me - I have to step out of my 'bubble.' Also, working downtown is just as much exciting as it is terrifying. I don’t know my way around the tunnels and we all know how I am with directions… I am sure I will eventually figure it out. The company is only 3.7 miles from my house! I am SO excited about that! I will be saving so much money in gas and tolls alone, plus they offered me a substantial raise. My first day at my new job is May 21st.

Wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

FINALLY! I'm glad you got out. I know how bad it is leaving though - all my friends were there too. It's scary going somewhere new but you'll make new friends and learn your way around. And you can meet us for lunch since you aren't too far away from our building! Fun times!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congrats on the new job! It's always good to get out of your comfort zone (at least a little bit)...and saving money is great, too!

Erin Ward said...

congrats and good luck!


(and i love that movie too.)

Stephanie said...

Yeah! Way to step out of your "bubble" I have worked here for 8 1/2 years..CLEARLY I am afraid of change! lol Best of luck to you though! Cant wait to hear how your first week goes!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rachel, I am so proud of you. I know how hard it is to move but you will be just fine, you never had a problem making new friends...I love you!