Saturday, December 8, 2007

Vito’s Christmas Present

Because Vito is my little escape artist, I have decided to get him a micro-chip for Christmas. I would be devastated if Vito got out and I couldn’t find him. I figure that he's so little that people would pick him up and bring him to a vet if he was found wandering...


Saturday afternoon was the day! They took him in the back, he didn't want to go with the tech... Brian was there to hold my hand when they came and took Vito in the back - I was so nervous for him. The vet tech said he did really good, he didn't even whimper when they gave him the shot! What a big boy :) He is so brave! Now all I have to do is send off the registration and now my little escape artist won't be able to get too far!!

For those of you who are wondering if it hurts, how big it is, what it looks like etc, here is a picture of what they insert into the scruff of the neck on a dog. It is a picture of a micro chip with a bunch of rice so that you can see how small it is.
So the next day we (yep I made Brian come along with me!) took Vito to go sit on Santa's lap at PetsMart! I bought him these REALLY cute reindeer antlers for him to wear for the picture - he looked so cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Those antlers... you're going to be one of THOSE moms with your actual kids one day :) Haha! He's cute though.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Steph totally took the words out of my mouth! Poor Vito. At least he doesn't look as mad as he was for your Christmas card picture.

Erin Ward said...

Don't let them make you feel bad. I've gotten my dog antlers before too...