Friday, January 4, 2008

New York! So much to do!!!

I cant believe it is getting SO close!!! Brian and I are going to NY January 9 - 13, 2008 and we are both SUPER excited! So far, we have SO much to do!!

Brian already promised me I get a WHOLE day dedicated to.... SHOPPING!!! what a great boyfriend!! of course we will do lots of site seeing as well that day!


Brian is also making my dream come true! He is taking me to see Phantom of the Opera! I cant believe it! It is something I have wanted to see for the longest! I cant believe I am really going to get to see it! I know Brian will enjoy this - maybe not as much as I do because I am OBSESSED, but how could you go the Phantom and NOT enjoy it? I couldnt believe it when he bought the tickets - this is what I am looking forward to the most! YAY!!!

We also have plans to go see the Conan O'Brien Show! I blogged about these tickets when I got them - but now we know for sure we are going to get to go because they have scheduled a time to start taping again! WOOHOO!!! I've only seen a couple of his shows, but Brian really likes him - I know I will have a good time too :)





We also have tickets to see the Empire State Building and do the Skyride, which is a simulated helicopter ride and virtual-reality movie theater - I think it will be pretty cool :)

We are also going to see Ground Zero. I think its def a place all Americans should see. I'm sure it will be very sad and touching at the same time. There are a ton of museums around there that have scraps of metal from the buildings, pictures, among other things to view that I would like to visit.

I dont know if you are familiar with the movie Serendipity, but in the movie, they go to a place called Serendipity - this place is famous for thier frozen treats - Oprah even had it on her 'Favortie Things' one year! So we have plans to eat here one day and check out the treats :)

There is so much to do and so much to see in NY, we wont be able to do it all... but we will be super busy for the time we are there! We both have family that live there, so we will be seeing them as well. I cant wait!!!

NY HERE WE COME!

2 comments:

Erin Ward said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I LOVE the movie Serendipity so we ate there when I went to New York last year. We had the frozen hot chocolate. Yum! I think I already told you that we had Conan tickets too. You're going to have so much fun!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Stephanie said...

I'm anxious to hear whatever tips you have about places to visit. We haven't scheduled anything yet :)