Friday, July 25, 2008

Back to Glasses...

I went to the eye doctor today… bad news… well honestly, when have I gone to the eye doctor and received good news??

My eye disease has been having tiny flare ups and healing on its own. My eye is damaged from all the flare-ups that I don’t feel them if they are small – my eye is pretty much numb to them. Each time I get a flare up, it leaves scaring on my eye. So basically in a period of 6 months I went from seeing 20/40 in my right eye to 20/60. and for all of you who don’t go to the eye doctor 1000 times a year, that means TWO lines! That’s a big drop in a matter of six months.

So what can we do? Nothing. I have to start wearing glasses again for distance, and reading glasses while I am at work. I could just go for one pair of bifocals, but at 24 years old, I refuse to wear bifocals!!

I am pretty bummed right now… the doc said that after my surgery my right eye went from being a 23-year-old eye to an 80 year old eye… great! How am I going to see when I am 80?!?
Well on the positive side - I will pick out some super cute frames :)

5 comments:

OnlyKaty.com said...

That sucks... hey at least it's only one eye and not a potential problem for both...my uncle is blind in his left eye and it sure doesn't slow him down. It's probably a good way to make excuses for dumb stuff.

Unknown said...

I can definitely see you looking good in glasses. Make sure to post a pic when you get them!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, Rachel! That sucks! Is there anything else they can do? Or at this point, would it be some sort of transplant. Do they know what is causing this?

Stephanie said...

Man..that sucks! I'm sure you will look great in your new frames!! :) Atleast you are trying to take care of them now..maybe by the time we are 80, they will have figured something new out!!

Erin Ward said...

glasses aren't that bad. I can't wait to see what you pick out!

are you allowed to wear contacts?