Friday, August 14, 2009

CCBC

Lots to update you on!!! Riding the bus to and from work allows me about an hour more of reading time 4 days a week - one of the perks to taking the bus into downtown :)

I of course finished re-reading all seven Harry Potter Novels... I doubt I need to tell you what I thought about them :)

Something Borrowed and Something Blue, both by Emily Giffin, had been recommended by multiple people... now I am wondering what took me so long to start them!! I finished both of these in about a week because I couldn't put them down! They really capture you from the very beginning - I loved them!

I was going to start another Emily Giffin Novel, but then my sister turned me on to this new series… It’s AMAZING! I am hooked! It’s a vampire series… but for adults!! Its basically everything that Twilight was missing!! It’s called The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward. You will NOT be disappointed… I am currently on number 5 out of 7, with the promise of another one coming out in a year!

I am open to any recommendations!! My reading list is forever growing!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Loved Black Dagger Brotherhood - even though sometimes it made me blush ;)

You need to read Sophia Kinsella's Shopoholic Series - you will not be disappointed (especially with the way you shop).

But first, since you are already on Vampires, you need to read the Sookie Stackhouse series - LOVE THEM!!! You will too - I know what you like ;)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I need to come and shop at Steph's bookstore.

Which book is first in that series? I need a new book to read.

I just finished S. Meyer's The Host. It took me a minute to get into it, but it was pretty good.

Stephanie said...

Oh how I have missed our CCBC!!
I read Firefly Lane which was good! My friend let me borrow it so I thought I would give it a chance!
I read Jodi Picoults, Change of Heart, but it was my least favorite of hers so far :( It took me a while to read it because I just couldnt get into it.
I read Confessions of a Shopaholic and really like it! I guess I need to read the rest of them now!
I was thinking about re-reading New Moon before the movie comes out, but I think I might jump on the Black Dagger Brotherhood!
I agree with Krystyn..I need to come raid you and Stephs library ;)

Cara said...

I've missed the CCBC too!!

Patrick has thrown a kink in my reading b/c he has banned me from buying books. Argh! I don't blame him b/c I was reading 10-15 books a month and that definitely adds up. So, I now the proud owner of a Virginia Beach Public Library card. Not as convenient as just running to the bookstore since I sometimes have to wait for a library book to become available, but I guess I can't complain about free books. :)

Here's a few I've read recently:

- Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin. Loved the first 2, not crazy about the last.

-Remember Me? by Sophia Kinsella. Funny!

- The Boleyn Inheritance, The Constant Princess, and The Other Queen Phillappa Gregory. I highly recommend everything she writes. So good!

- The first 2 Jen Lancaster books. SO STINKIN' FUNNY!

- I'm up to the 7th book in the Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Still enjoying these stories!

Right now I'm reading The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman and I am really enjoying it.

Time for me to jump on the Black Dagger Brotherhood bandwagon!

And that concludes my book review novel. :)

Emily said...

I heard the Emily Griffin books were good. I will have to start those next. I recommend reading The Shack and any book by Jodi Picoult. One of my faves by her is 19 Minutes. I thought it was absolutely amazing.

About this ADULT vampire series....sounds fabulously fantastic!

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Very cool. I am disappointed I didn't get my summer reading (or my beach tan) in this summer. I have some reading to do. Library card isn't a bad idea especially on my budget.