Thursday, March 8, 2012

Just Call Me Betty Crocker!

My niece and nephew's birthday's are very close in dates. Karys was turning 5, and Blake was turning 2. They were having a joint birthday party that was Mario and Princess Themed. They both love the Mario games, and Karys of course loves Princess Peaches... I volunteered to make their cakes... before realizing how much work was going to be needed to pull of two great cakes...
I spent so much time on these cakes, and never would have finished if my little sister didn't come in Thursday night to help me out! So here are the finished products... I am VERY proud of the way they turned out!
Princess Peaches Cake: Mario Brothers Cake:
(front) (side)(back)(side)And here they were up for display next to each other! They cakes were a huge hit and tasted really good as well. I had never worked with fondant before, so this was quite the challenge.... I made practice cakes for 2 weeks before the party. I loved how much the kids loved them though - Blake would name all the characters and Karys liked that she had a crown :) I love those kids to the moon and back!
And thanks Ashley for all your help! Couldn't have done it without you!!

No comments: